Friday, March 09, 2007

You have to think like a 2 year old

It's 9:00 pm. The kids should have been asleep over half an hour ago. Elizabeth hears me rummaging in the kitchen and calls from her room, "Mommy, I need my frog."

"Where is it, Sweetie?"

"In my home." Her home is the front room where we have set up a kind of play room. I go and look and can't find the little green stuffed frog anywhere. I realize that it's time for another dose of cold medicine for Elizabeth anyway so I get it and take it to her since I know she is awake.

"Mommy, where's my frog?" Darn, I was hoping she forgot.

"I don't know, Elizabeth. I couldn't find it."

"She's in my home."

"I looked in your home and I couldn't find it anywhere. Where is she in your home?"

"In her bed."

"Where's her bed?"

"In the jack 'o lantern."

Oh, right. I should have known. :)

No comments: